Monday, September 2, 2013

Gluten Free - Day 2/90 - 88 days to go!





Day 2 and I tried my first gluten free recipe, thanks to the Gluten Free Goddess.

Breakfast - Al Fresco Italian Sausage and some sauteed peppers with a side of 2 deviled egg halves and a few slices of banana.
  • Tasty breakfast and it fueled me perfectly for my 5 mile run on the treadmill - yippee!

Lunch - Weight Watchers chicken burger with 1/2 portion of sharp cheddar cheese melted on top, a small spring mix salad and a handful of grapes
  • This was exactly what I would have normally eaten except that it was missing a bun. I did buy some Udi's gluten free buns but I decided that I didn't need it.

Snack - Hershey's peanut butter cup ice cream
  • We were out all afternoon and my family wanted Dunkin Donuts. I watched them eat their treats and then practically ran to the shop where I had seen a sign for gluten free ice cream flavors. 
Be sure to turn on the sound for the video below by mousing over the top left corner and then clicking it.



Dinner - Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas, 1/2 ear of corn, and 1/2 serving of chips with salsa on top.
  • I am UBER impressed with myself for following this recipe. And it was worth every bit of work that was put into it. Sooooo delish!

Bedtime Snack - 1 portion of Vanilla Chex
  • Tasty but I probably need more for a bedtime snack...


No comments:

Post a Comment