Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Discovering the joys of flourless baking....

My sweet tooth reared its ugly head today and I knew....

IT WAS TIME TO START BAKING AGAIN!!!!

At this point, I am 11 days into being gluten free, and to be honest, I am feeling pretty darn good about it. My stomach issues have pretty much disappeared, and I feel stronger and healthier than I did just a couple of weeks ago. It's a MIRACLE!

But, ohhhhh that sweet tooth of mine has been a little less than pleased lately. I don't eat processed foods so buying the gluten free cookies at the store wasn't a possibility. If I was going to satisfy my cravings, it was going to require baking. Now, as you know, I adore baking but I'm still learning about this gluten free nonsense. *wink*

I decided to pick something easy to start me off.

Enter the Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookie.

This recipe seriously only contained peanut butter, brown/white sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt (which I just realized I forgot to add...). I didn't have a ton of peanut butter in the house so I made 1/4 of a recipe (9 cookies).






And may I just say that they are truly DELICIOUS?!?!?!?!?

<Pats self on back> My next attempt will be using some of the crazy flours that I felt the need to stock up on last time I was at the store....

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment