Thursday, November 7, 2013

Y'know what I do when I don't wanna work out....

I WORKOUT!





LOL! Have I disturbed you enough with this animated GIF?!?!?!? I know that image is burned into my brain now and I am not sure how to get it out. Figured I'd pass the love on to you...

So, this morning, I woke up and DID NOT want to workout. I had every excuse in the book handy to tell myself.

I am still tired from the 2am stint the other night at the hospital with a friend...

The kids need me to help them get ready for school...

I already look good; I don't really *need* another workout...

There might not be enough time before the toddler I am watching today arrives...

But then, I remembered...





So, I quickly threw on my workout clothes, woke the kids and told them to get dressed, put their lunches together and into their backpacks, and set a few things out for them. By the time I was done with that, I looked on my calendar to see how long I was going to be working out. It was a 50 minute DVD workout and the kids would be leaving for school in about 35 minutes. Luckily, my neighbor was planning to drive them to the bus stop, so I knew I would be in the clear.

The kids managed to put on their uniforms without me barking orders at them. My 7 year old got breakfast made for herself and her 5 year old brother. They got along well, and it seemed like they enjoyed the extra responsibility. 

Meanwhile, I sweated my butt off in the living room. When they were dressed, fed, and ready to leave for school, they sat in the room with me for a bit and then left for school.

Wow! I still can't believe how smoothly that went! 

I was getting close to the end of my DVD when I got a text that the toddler was on his way. With 5 minutes to spare, I finished and managed to have breakfast made for myself by the time he arrived. 

And I, of course, do not regret that workout. At all. 

 

YAY ME!


 


3 comments: