Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness!





It's about that time! As I did last year, I will be writing a thankful post every day for the entire month.

Today's post was..

I am SUPER thankful for the fact that I didn't eat a single piece of Halloween candy. Not even 1! Seriously, this has never happened in all of my 36 years of life...well, maybe except my first Halloween when I was 4 months old.

For real, people. I cannot believe that I did it. I didn't know I had it in me. I guess it's true what they say: that self control is a muscle that needs to be exercised and will get stronger with time. As I have moved from going gluten free at the beginning of September to starting Whole30 a few days ago, I have gotten more and more used to having rules. As a reminder...



And, luckily, I am a rule follower. 

The weirdest thing is that I haven't been hungry either. The food I am eating has been enough to sustain my body and give me energy. 

Today, however, is when I will start to work out again post marathon so stay tuned to see how I handle Whole30 WITH exercise. I'm guessing I will just increase my portions to make up for it, but we'll see...


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of rules. It's not as horrible as people make it out to be! It's just life. Great job on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete