Monday, November 4, 2013

Cheater! Cheater!

I cheated on Friday night.



On Saturday, I woke up, expecting to experience a tremendous amount of guilt.

But, I didn't.

I felt great.

I seriously didn't have an ounce of remorse.

Sure, I had cheated, but it hadn't been a big deal.

There seemed to be no repercussions.

I quickly realized that I could do it again and nothing negative would happen.

So I did. I cheated a couple of times on Saturday and once on Sunday. Mmmmmmm.... It felt so freeing! I was an official cheater.

Gosh, I hope whoever is reading this also read my last post because if not, they are probably judging me like crazy right now.



I. Cheated. On. Whole30.


After my weekend of cheating, I realized that even though I am a rule follower, maybe I don't do so well with sooooo many rules. I'd rather just put things in my body that make me feel good and limit those that don't.

Duh.

That's totally easy to do and doesn't require a set of rules and regulations.

I feel best when I am eating as clean as possible. My body loves eggs, copious amounts of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and peanut butter. Glorious peanut butter. It doesn't love corn at all, unless it's on the cob at a Summer picnic. *wink* My gut feels the effects of large amounts of rice and dairy but seems just fine with both, in smaller portions. And gluten? Well, I still don't have a choice on that one since my 90 days won't be up until December 1st, but I have definitely noticed that I feel better without it than I did with it.

So, yes, I cheated. But, I am a better person for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment