Friday, July 19, 2013

Am I falling apart or what?!?!?!

I live a healthy lifestyle. No smoking or drug use. Very little drinking. Lots of exercise. Fairly good diet.

So, WHY am I getting hit with stupid illness after stupid illness?!?!?

First, it was my ears. In June, I started having pain when I laid down to sleep. Headed to Med Express to find out it was a middle ear infection. Got Amoxicillin and took it all, as prescribed.  The pain never went away completely but I didn't want to waste another $40 on MedExpress so I just suffered through it.

Next on the list was my eyes. I went to America's Best to get new contacts, only to find out that I had a raging eye infection (bacterial keratitis). I had to take steroid drops every 2 hours while awake and stop wearing my contacts until it healed. By the way, this happened RIGHT before vacation <insert extremely sad face here>

In addition to this craziness, I also started exhibiting weird symptoms like brittle nails, hair loss (I could make a wig of the hair that is falling out when I get a shower!), and some fatigue. WedMD tells me that it is hypothyroidism. I had blood work done yesterday and will know more when that comes back. While I was at the doctor's office, I also let her look in my ear and now, it's the ear canal that is infected. I start ear drops today.

Seriously?!?!?!?

I *know* there are MANY people in worse situations, but in *my* world, this is all just causing me to be stressed out and frankly, kind of a "B" to those around me. (Oh yes, I should also add that my basement situation isn't exactly making me stress free either...) I just want it to end so I can go back to being the fun loving chick I usually am.

As I am finishing up this blog, I am feeling like a major whiner BUT....

It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to....



No comments:

Post a Comment