Thursday, October 24, 2013

Healing my gut

In the next installment of "Healing my gut", I will be doing the Whole30 program. And no, I won't be paying $14.95 as I have found all the necessary materials online for free. Cheapskate? Yup! Smart? I'd like to think so...

Here are the rules in short form:



With my 4th (and final?) marathon coming up this Sunday, I decided to wait until I return from that to begin. I don't think it would be a good idea to mess with my stomach right before a long run plus I have already bothered the folks at Team Fisher House to make sure I got a gluten free meal at their carb load dinner on Saturday night.

And since I have alllllll this extra time (Thanks, taper!), I have already made my meal plan for the next couple of weeks.

Here is my first week:

SundayMCM time! I have no clue what I will be eating. Day 1 of Whole30 is Monday.

Monday - Triple Meat Italian Meatballs with a fresh greens salad (on crusty Italian buns for my husband who isn't quite ready for this lifestyle...yet.)

Tuesday - Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Soup 

Wednesday - Sweet Potato Quiche with a fresh fruit salad

Thursday - Chicken Burgers (again with buns for Mr. Gluten-lover!) and a Tomato Basil Salad

Friday - Harvest Spiced Chicken Stew with a fresh fruit salad

Saturday - Leftovers Night



I'm excited for all this TASTY food! And if it helps






that is EVEN better!






No comments:

Post a Comment