Saturday, December 11, 2010

Excuses excuses excuses....

"I don't have time to exercise."

That is the excuse given most frequently by people I talk to about implementing a fitness plan into their lives.  And I totally get it. I KNOW you're busy. I am too. And it's very easy to feel overwhelmed by everything that goes into exercising. "OMG! I need a treadmill! Wait...should I buy some weights?!? Is a gym membership a good investment? What kind of shoes do I need? My day is way too busy for this!" 

My advice is to start slow and find some time.

Do you check Facebook and surf the internet at all? Why not use that time to get in some physical activity? The On Demand feature of many cable companies offer 10 minute workouts. Are you home with your kids during the day? Try putting on some music and dancing with them. Calorie burn, fun, and being a good Mommy all at the same time! Also, many gyms offer childcare. Some "Me" time while your kids play with friends doesn't sound like such a bad thing, does it? Do you work? How about taking a walk on your lunch break? Or, even better, start up a fitness group within the office where you can encourage each other. I know that one of my friends meets a few colleagues before work to do a Spin class at a gym in Downtown Pittsburgh. Then, they walk together to the office.  

So, your mission for the day is to incorporate some kind of physical activity. Run, walk, lift weights, jump rope, hula hoop, play with your kids, dance like you are back in college on Spring Break, do some crunches. Just do something.

You are reading this blog so clearly you have a few spare moments in your day, right? You're still reading this?!?!? Get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment