Friday, July 22, 2011

I am a Runner.

On my long run last weekend, a friend and I were chatting about how no matter how hard we work out or how many miles we run, we will never look like a runner. What we meant by that was to look like, well...this:


I mean, isn't that what a runner looks like?! Or is that just what society wants us to believe? I have a lot of running friends and readers so I asked for photos. In the photos, there are women ranging from Couch to 5K'ers to marathoners and even a few triathletes. Check them out:




I think this quote by John "The Penguin" Bingham sums it up best:

If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.


No comments:

Post a Comment