Monday, July 2, 2012

It's my birthday and....

I'm eating cake! Not just any cake either...a HOMEMADE cake. Since I have been trying my hardest to adhere to the 100 Days of Real Food Challenge, I thought it would be best to avoid the bakery cakes and mixes and go from scratch. I know most people wouldn't *want* to make their own birthday cake but I'm a control freak little bit different than your average girl, so it's all good.

As I am sitting here, writing this blog, my cake is baking. I followed the whole wheat chocolate cake recipe found on the blog. I am not a fan of cream cheese, which is what she suggests for the topping so I searched online for a different icing recipe and stumbled upon this one.  Sounds fabulous, right?

So, happy birthday to me. At the ripe old age of 35, I have finally figured out how I want to live my life and it's as cleanly and as healthily as possible. Here's to another 35 plus!


No comments:

Post a Comment