Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday's Tip...or is it?

It's been a busy day. This is the first chance I've had to sit down and write a blog and I have people coming to my house in about 15 minutes. Tuesday has always been my "tip" day but since I have such a short amount of time before my book club, I am going to share a couple of random facts with you instead.

*Easter is third in candy consumption in the United States with 940 million dollars spent on it in 1998. That's a lot of chocolate bunnies. (Source: About.com)

*In 2000, Americans bought $1.9 billion of Easter candy and consumed 7.1 billion pounds to edge ahead of Christmas sales that year. (Source: Topeka Capital Journal, April, 2004). 

Take some time and think about those stats and I'll be working on a blog about how WE can get through the Easter holiday without derailing our weight loss efforts.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment