Friday, August 5, 2011

I gotta be honest...

I need accountability. During the last 4 weeks, I have started marathon training. Along with that, I have stopped measuring my food and worrying about what I was putting in my body. I just *try* to be healthy. Sounds all good, right? Not so much.

Two different times in the past week-ish, I have gone waaaaaaaay overboard on my food consumption. I have gone from the table to the pantry, mindlessly eating granola bars, crackers and cheese, cereal, and a lot of other processed foods junk. Clearly, once I get started, I can't stop. Or maybe it's that I don't want to stop. Either way. I can feel myself slipping into the "I'm marathon training; I can eat whatever I want" mentality.

I am asking all of my readers to provide me with some accountability. I will do the same for you, if you'd like. I write a blog titled "Running for Cupcakes" where I am keeping a journal of my food while training as well treating myself to one cupcake a week, after a long run. I plan to review the bakery as well as the cupcake after each visit. If you look back on the pages, you'll notice 2 days where there is no food listed. That's because I was too embarrassed to showcase my pig-out. From this point on though, I promise to post the good, the bad and the ugly of it all. No more hiding. No more excuses.

Does anyone else food journal? Clearly, that is what works for me. Back to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment